Lindsey CemeteryHistorical marker location:
When W. C. Lindsey knew he was dying of tuberculosis, he asked to be buried on his family's land. After his death in 1898, this family cemetery was established by his parents, David S. and Caroline E. Lindsey. Among the nearly 50 graves here are brothers David S. Lindsey and James Oliver Lindsey, who came to Texas from Mississippi with their family in the 1840s. Both enlisted as Confederate soldiers in the Civil War, and David served in the Texas Legislature. This site is maintained by the Lindsey Cemetery Association.
As one of the most visible programs of the Texas Historical Commission (THC), historical markers commemorate diverse topics in Texas history, including: the history and architecture of houses, commercial and public buildings, religious congregations, and military sites; events that changed the course of local and state history; and individuals who have made lasting contributions to our state, community organizations, and businesses.