First National Bank BuildingHistorical marker location:
Local investors raised $30,000 in 1906 to form the First National Bank of Eldorado, Texas. Contractors Drew and Harvey used native limestone to construct this bank building in 1907. Its Renaissance Revival style features segmented arches and exaggerated details capped by a 3-part parapet with spherical finials. The bank merged with the Eldorado State Bank in 1913 and remained here until 1942. This site subsequently became a popular pool and domino hall.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1993
Marker year: 1993
As one of the most visible programs of the Texas Historical Commission (THC), historical markers commemorate diverse topics in Texas history, including: the history and architecture of houses, commercial and public buildings, religious congregations, and military sites; events that changed the course of local and state history; and individuals who have made lasting contributions to our state, community organizations, and businesses.