Hamilton County CourthouseHamilton, Texas
Built in 1878 by contractor Mason, Martin, Johnson & Byrnes.
The courthouse was built of native stone and surrounded by a plank fence. In 1885, a new roof was added and plastering and lathing were removed from both ceilings of the courthouse. Various areas of the courthouse were also painted at this time. limestone (possibly quarried at site of present city dump), 2-story, $29,700 + $1000 for changes.
Current status: gone/burned 2/21886